If you become injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, there is not any type of guarantee that the medical bills you incur will be covered by the other person’s insurance, or if you do receive compensation that it will be a fair amount. The fact is that insurance companies, and the legal teams they have hired, will be well versed on how best to minimize the settlements in accident cases. This puts you at a disadvantage if you make the attempt to take them on alone.
When You should Hire an Attorney
You should consider hiring an accident attorney in Nassau County NY if you have any of the following factors present in your situation:
1. You have suffered from a number of serious injuries that may result in long-term issues.
2. The responsible driver was either underinsured or uninsured.
3. You and the other party cannot agree on who was at fault in the accident.
4. You are under pressure by the insurance companies claim adjuster to take a quick settlement.
5. You do not feel as though you are receiving the full amount of compensation for the current and the future medical cost that are going to result from the accident.
6. The states statute of limitation laws can come into effect prior to you have the opportunity to challenge the claim.
When You should Not Hire a Lawyer
There is no need to hire an accident attorney in Nassau County NY if your injuries were minor. Hiring an attorney for arm abrasions or a bruised knee cap will not be able to justify the total legal costs that you will incur for representation.
What to Expect
When you hire an Accident Attorney you should not expect a quick settlement check. These issues can take time, which is why it is important that you find proper representation.
Hiring an accident attorney for your problem can be beneficial. It will ensure that you receive a fair amount of compensation for the injuries that you suffered from. This is in your best interest and will ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
For more information, contact Kiley, Kiley & Kiley, PLLC – Attorneys At Law