If you’ve been in an accident in St. Petersburg, FL or other city across the country, it’s important to protect your rights and know what you’re entitled to. Unfortunately, some insurance companies will do whatever they can to make sure you don’t get your fair share. They are in business to make money, not to protect your interests. Here are some tips on how to deal with your insurance company after an accident:
- Notify them immediately: As soon as possible, you need to notify them that you’ve been in a car crash. Provide them with all of the necessary information, including the other driver’s name, address, car details and if there were any injuries involved. If there was a police report filled out, send them a copy.
- Give them more information: This includes tickets that were issued to either you or the other driver, photos of all vehicles involved, video, information about any witnesses, medical reports, and photos of your injuries.
- Give them your job info: If you are unable to work due to the accident, you’ll need to provide them with your salary information before and after the accident.
- Be honest: It’s critical that you provide them with all information that they ask for, and that you don’t try to fudge or omit any information. It will only hurt you in the long run.
- Call a lawyer: A personal injury lawyer can help you deal with the insurance company if you feel overwhelmed, or you think they’re not cooperating with you.
You should review your policy coverage on a periodic basis so you understand what you’re covered for and what you aren’t in the event of an accident in St. Petersburg FL or other area. You can’t expect them to pay for medical bills if you haven’t opted for that kind of coverage.